Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request Form
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice: Just The Facts
September 16, 2010
VENICE - Hilton Molino Stucky Venice was opened on 1 June 2007 and is located on Giudecca Island. It was created from the restoration of 13 buildings which constituted an ancient flour mill dating back to between the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. Today it is also recognized as one of the best examples of industrial architecture in Venice. Its name and structure have been retained to preserve the historical memory and will of its founder, Giovanni Stucky, whose aim was “to establish a connection with the city.” Nowadays it is regarded as one of the most impressive and iconic buildings in Venice.
LocationGiudecca Island consists of eight gondola-shaped interconnected islets lying to the south of Venice and boasts a central position only five minutes from the heart of Venice by private water taxi. This convenient location provides guests with a peaceful atmosphere away from the crowded tourist paths.
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice is well connected to transportation services: just a 15 minute water taxi ride to the Santa Lucia Railway Station (Venice) or 30 minutes to the Marco Polo Airport (Venice).
Guest rooms and suitesThe hotel offers 379 luxury rooms and suites, consisting of:
- 5 Guest Rooms, 182 Deluxe Rooms, 51 Deluxe Plus Rooms with a view over Venice, 4 Deluxe Plus Suites, 30 Executive Rooms, 58 Executive Plus Rooms also with a view over Venice.
- 4 Mini Suites, 4 Deluxe Suites, 2 Grand Deluxe Suites composed of two connecting rooms, with views over Venice, 17 Executive Suites and 7 Executive Plus Suites with two connecting rooms and views over Venice.
- 5 Tower Suites located in the hotel tower and equipped with two rooms, a guest bathroom and views over Venice.
- The Presidential Suite located at the tower summit and made up of two twin and king size bedrooms, a living room, a fitness area with a private Jacuzzi, meeting room, kitchen, guest bathroom and with unrivalled views over Venice. Moreover, the Presidential Suite is the only one which allows access to the main tower.
- All rooms and suites are equipped with a king sized bed or two single beds, self-regulating air conditioning system, writing desk, satellite TV, minibar, direct line telephone and answering service, high speed wireless internet connection. The marble bathrooms offer separate shower and bathtub, hairdryer and walk-in wardrobe.
Restaurants and BarsAromi Restaurant and Bar – located on the ground floor, the hotel’s flagship restaurant offers contemporary Mediterranean cuisine in an intimate, romantic and sophisticated atmosphere. In summer, it gives guests the option to enjoy a meal on the panoramic terrace, surrounded views of Venice and the Giudecca Canal.
Aromi’s secret is the use of simple quality ingredients. To ensure his regional menu is authentic, Chef Luise uses fresh seasonal produce whilst respecting the Italian gastronomic culture: the results are creative Venetian dishes, maintaining the right balance between tradition and innovation.
Open all year round for dinner.
IL Molino Restaurant – located on the ground floor, Il Molino Restaurant is a cozy and informal breakfast option, composed of two original buildings at the heart of the hotel. It can also be divided into private dining rooms, to suit any special occasion.
Open all year round for breakfast only.
Rialto Bar & Lounge – located on the ground floor, Rialto Bar & Lounge offers all day dining and a perfect meeting point for morning coffee, a light snack or evening cocktails. The stunning architecture takes guests back to the glorious past of the ancient flour mill. During the summer months, guests can also enjoy a drink on the open air terrace with views of the Giudecca Canal.
Skylunch Pool Restaurant – located on the eighth floor it is perfect for those who prefer to relax in the open air, enjoy the sunshine during the summer season and to have lunch in the beautiful terrace, whilst admiring the sweeping views of Giudecca Island and Venice.
Skyline Rooftop Bar - Located on the Molino Stucky rooftop, the trendy Skyline Rooftop Bar offers breathtaking views of Venice, and is a truly unique experience.
All Hilton Molino Stucky Venice restaurants and bars welcome both internal and external guests.
Conferences and Events
- The hotel is equipped with the largest, most modern conference centre in Venice. It has an area of 2,600 square meters and has both an internal and external access.
- The Venetian Ballroom can host up to 1000 guests and can be divided into five soundproofed rooms. Next to the Ballroom, the Foyer (approx. 700 meters squared) can be used to hold exhibitions or to have coffee breaks and cocktails for up to 750 guests.
- The hotel also offers 14 Hilton Meeting rooms, a Boardroom which can host 16 people and an outfitted Business Centre.
‘Espace’ Spa and Fitness CentrE
- 600 square meters of spa, ‘Espace’ is the largest wellness centre in Venice.
- The spa consists of a beauty and wellness area, equipped with cardio-fitness and technogym’s kinesis machines, a Jacuzzi, an aroma therapy steam bath, a Sauna, a Turkish bath, a relaxation room with background music and massages zones.
- Treatments offer both Carita Paris and Decleor products, brands of the Shiseido Group – providing luxury treatments and skin care.
- 24 hour room service
- Concierge service – with option to book tours of Venice; train or flight tickets and to organize daily trips in the local area.
- Complimentary hotel shuttle boat to and from St. Mark’s Square.
HILTON MOLINO STUCKY, Venice – AN OVERVIEWSumptuous bedrooms, contemporary meeting rooms with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, an unsurpassed meetings and events centre, dedicated event managers, gourmet dining and the exclusive spa and fitness suite ‘ESPACE 1898’, which includes indoor gym, saunas, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi and five individual beauty treatment suites.
The elegant and supremely comfortable guest rooms and suites, each with their own unique heritage and charm, have been created across several different wings of the beautifully restored flour mill. Picture book windows, carefully renovated ceilings with timber beams, bedrooms adorned by precious Venetian fabrics and bathrooms with elegant marble fixtures.
The Executive floor experience of 88 Executive guest rooms offers thoughtful extra touches, from branded personal care products and complimentary morning newspapers, breakfast, drinks and snacks all day long in the Executive Lounge. Here, where latticed iron beams are a reminder of the hotel's fascinating past and unique heritage, guests can conduct private meetings, or simply relax in comfortable seclusion.
HILTON MOLINO STUCKY – A DINING TRADITIONHilton Molino Stucky, Venice features no less than six restaurants and bars. Overseeing the culinary offering is Franco Luise a much travelled and equally well acclaimed Venetian chef who emotionally recounts how much it means to him to return to Venice and participate in the revival of the Molino Stucky:
“As a young chef, I took the Vaporetto (Venice’s public water taxis) everyday from the railway to the footsteps of the derelict Molino Stucky. It used to loom before me like a cross between an ancient pyramid and an unused museum. I would look at this magnificent building and say to my friends, “One day I will be the chef there. Believe Me.”
Chef Luise also tells how, to ensure his menu is local, 80 percent of his ingredients are sourced from the Venice markets and follow the natural process of the seasons. The dishes are relentlessly Venetian, with Mediterranean influences drawn from his tour of duty in Europe.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 570 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,100 properties with nearly 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.