Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Provides Relief to Business Travel Expense Reports Everywhere; Extends Exclusive Global Visa Savings Offer
Booking Early, Using Select Credit Cards and Choosing Comprehensive Packages Makes Business Travel More Affordable
October 01, 2009
MCLEAN, Va. - October 1, 2009 -
Much to the delight of many corporate accountants, Hilton Hotels today announces an extension of an exclusive offer enabling Visa Signature, Visa Infinite and Visa Platinum cardholders to save 25 percent off Hilton's Best Available Rate worldwide.* Hilton's announcement comes at a time when many companies face the dual challenge of expense belt-tightening and the need to travel to continue generating revenue. The Hilton's Savings with Visa offer is one of seven different ways businesses can stretch their travel budgets and find economical ways to be in person for meetings and other events essential to relationship building.
"Whether business travelers are booking a small meeting, large event or conducting routine business trips, companies can save money and affect their bottom line without sacrificing quality by booking at Hilton hotels," said Dave Horton, Global Head - Hilton Hotels. "We are able to make the premium experience we provide business travelers more affordable through great deals that allow our guests to save by simply booking early, paying with certain Visa credit cards or choosing one of our bundled packages."
To help keep expense reports in check, business travelers can take advantage of the following Hilton offerings, many of which may be available year round:**
- Hilton's Savings with Visa: Following the popular Hilton Visa Summer Savings Program, Hilton and Visa are extending the exclusive savings offer. Travelers who book a room with a Visa Signature, Visa Infinite or Visa Platinum card receive 25 percent off the Best Available Rate at participating Hilton hotels worldwide. There are more than 520 Hilton hotels worldwide. Restrictions vary by region and can be viewed at Hilton.com/visa.
- One in Five Go Free: To help businesses continue to hold face-to-face meetings when budgets are tight, one in every five meeting attendees can participate in meetings booked before December 4th and held today until March 31, 2010 for free at more than 180 participating Hilton Worldwide hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa†.
- Book Now and Save: This promotion enables meeting planners who make group reservations for Hilton stays until March 31, 2010 to earn extra incentives for the entire group. Based on the total paid number of room nights, event organizers can choose from incentives, including a three percent discount on room nights, double Hilton HHonors base points for event attendees, or free beverage breaks.‡
- Book Early and Save: With Hilton's Advance Purchase Rate,* travelers can save up to 20 percent off of Hilton's Best Available Rate at participating hotels when they book ahead of time. Booking rooms in advance can help executives who travel for routine meetings and companies that host standing annual, quarterly and/or monthly conferences.
- Hilton Bed & Breakfast Package: This promotion, offering a complimentary Hilton Breakfast for up to two guests at participating hotels, helps business travelers eliminate an extra line-item from their expense reports while still fueling up for their meetings. Hilton Breakfast enables travelers to stick to their diets by using a color-coded nutrition facts and ratings guide.
- Hotel + Air + Car and Save: Business travelers looking for a comprehensive travel package can make hotel, air and car reservations for select destinations all in one booking at Hilton.com. With one credit card charge, travelers can book their hotel stays, rental cars and flights.
- E-Events Online Group Booking Portal: e-Events is a one-stop online shopping and booking portal that allows businesses to skip the fees of an event planner or service. Guests can reduce or eliminate wait times when booking a meeting space or shopping for group rates. Complimentary Personalized Group Web Pages help events run smoothly by providing attendees with important details such as schedules, maps and photos.
Business travelers may also be able to take advantage of additional packages and promotions offered by individual Hilton hotels around the world. For more information or to make reservations, visit www.hilton.com.
About Hilton Hotels
Hilton Hotels is the stylish, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality that welcomes guests in more countries than any other full-service hotel brand. The Hilton brand currently includes more than 520 hotels and resorts in 76 countries, and plans to serve travelers in 80 countries by the end of 2011. By offering innovative products, services and amenities, Hilton enables travelers to be at their best 24/7, whether travelling for business or leisure. Start your journey at www.hilton.com.
* Best Available Rate is the applicable rate based on the arrival/departure and length of stay pattern for specific dates of stay (and are unique to the time of purchase). BAR rates are unrestricted, non-qualified rates and exclude discount or negotiated rates not available to the general public, including but not limited to: membership, corporate or government rates, promotional rates, group rates, packages or other unpublished rates, and rates available on "opaque" websites. Advance Purchase Rate requires full payment in advance and is nonrefundable. No changes allowed or credits given.
**Additional terms may apply. See Hilton.com for complete terms and conditions related to each offer.
† Offer valid for new meetings booked and confirmed between August 24 and December 4, 2009 and held by 31 March 2010. Offer limited to a maximum of twenty (20) meeting fee waivers and twenty (20) free room nights per meeting. Free offer is for meeting fee and meeting related food & beverage charges only and does not include connectivity or AV elements, gratuities or incidental charges. Offer for free nights includes room rate only and does not include any gratuities, or other incidental charges. Offer not valid in conjunction with previously booked or held meetings and may not be combined with any other promotion or offer. Booker must mention the "1 in 5" offer at time of booking.
‡ Hilton HHonors membership, earnings, points and miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors terms and conditions. ©2007 Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC.The group must sign a contract with the hotel within the booking period to govern the terms of the meeting. Offer valid for new meetings held (booked, consumed and paid for) between April 2, 2009 and March 15, 2010. Group must mention the "Book Now and Save" promotion offer at time of booking.
John Forrest Ales, Hilton Hotels
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 575 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.