Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request Form
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Prague Triumphs At World Travel Awards In Europe 2014
Hilton Prague, One of 24 Hilton Worldwide Properties Recognized at the Prestigious Awards
August 07, 2014
PRAGUE - Hilton Prague has been recognised as Czech Republic's Leading Business Hotel 2014 for the second consecutive time at the European final of the renowned World Travel Awards 2014, voted for by travel agents worldwide.
At the Europe Gala Ceremony, which took place in Athens, Greece, on Saturday 2 August, Hilton Prague was one of 24 Hilton Worldwide properties in Europe to receive an accolade.
Hilton Prague features spacious and flexible meeting areas that are available for larger exhibitions and galas including the Congress Hall, which can accommodate up to 1,500 delegates and the Hilton Grand Ballroom, seating up to 650 guests. An additional 37 versatile meeting and banqueting rooms provide venues for smaller functions. The fully equipped Business Centre offers high speed and wireless Internet with expert technical support, secretarial assistance and state-of-the-art presentation equipment. Hilton experienced chefs are on hand to design menus for each gathering, while catering services are available to assist at venues outside the hotel.
Hilton Worldwide's flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts was also awarded Europe's Leading Hotel Brand, reflecting its presence in 34 countries across the region.
Michael Specking, general manager, Hilton Prague and Hilton Prague Old Town, said, "I am delighted to see Hilton Prague recognised at these well-respected awards, especially for the second consecutive year. This demonstrates the team's outstanding commitment to providing Hilton Hotels and Resorts' world-renowned hospitality to our guests and the quality of the hotel's facilities."
Hilton Worldwide was celebrated in numerous different categories at the awards:
- Europe's Leading Hotel Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Europe's Leading Airport Hotel: Hilton Frankfurt Airport, Germany (for the second consecutive year)
- Europe's Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice, Italy (for the second consecutive year)
- Europe's Leading Luxury Resort: Conrad Algarve (for the second consecutive year)
- Austria's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
- Bulgaria's Leading Hotel: Hilton Sofia
- Cyprus's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Cyprus (for the second consecutive year)
- Czech Republic's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Prague (for the second consecutive year)
- Denmark's Leading Hotel Suite: Presidential Suite at Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel
- England's Leading Business Hotel: London Hilton on Park Lane
- Finland's Leading Hotel: Hilton Helsinki Strand (for the second consecutive year)
- Germany's Leading Hotel: Waldorf Astoria Berlin
- Germany's Leading Hotel Suite: King Presidential Suite at Waldorf Astoria Berlin
- Hungary's Leading Hotel: Hilton Budapest City (for the second consecutive year)
- Ireland's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Dublin (for the second consecutive year)
- Ireland's Leading Hotel: Conrad Dublin (for the second consecutive year)
- Ireland's Leading Hotel Suite: Presidential Suite at Conrad Dublin
- Italy's Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice (for the second consecutive year)
- Italy's Leading Business Hotel: Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts (for the second consecutive year)
- Northern Ireland's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Templepatrick Hotel & Country Club (for the sixth consecutive year)
- Northern Ireland's Leading Hotel: Hilton Belfast (for the second consecutive year)
- Poland's Leading Hotel Suite: Presidential Suite at Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre
- Romania's Leading Hotel: Athenée Palace Hilton Bucharest
- Turkey's Leading Conference Hotel: Conrad Istanbul (for the second consecutive year)
The prestigious World Travel Awards have been recognising organisations delivering outstanding customer experience in travel and tourism for more than 20 years. They have become a key global institution of the industry, stimulating competition and innovation among operators, as well as providing a helpful testimonial for quality to travellers worldwide.
More information on the categories and winners of the World Travel Awards 2014 can be found at http://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners2014.
Media can access additional information about Hilton Prague at http://news.hilton.com/prague.
Hilton Prague & Hilton Prague Old Town
+420 224 842 711
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 570 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.